Categories
Uncategorized

Peer Interview

We together went to the library to take interview each other. We take our interview in Nac Library at 4th fl.

My classmate  Daniela Santamaria was born here. And her parents are from me Mexico. First time she went there when she was 9 years old. I asked her about how she felt when she went first time in Mexico and what was the people’s reaction when they saw her. She told me when she first time went there, she was happy. Her mother didn’t expect that she will be different than their culture because her mom raised her in Mexican culture. She felt that they do more hard work than others. There people welcomed her so nicely because somebody came from abroad. Different cultures different languages for her everything was different, but she loved that and enjoyed that. kids used to always with her because she was a little different from them. I also asked about her if their culture allow love marriage or if they trust on arrange marriage. She said back to her grandmother’s time they trust little bit of arrange marriage. Nowadays if someone likes agirl, he has talk with her parents. If parents accept him, they can get married. She said it is customary in their culture that girls cannot work outside. Most son’s families want their son’s daughter-in-law to work in the house. They want to take care of old mother and baby. She said she didn’t like it at all. She wants to be an independent girl. She wants the kind of partner who lets her work outside. Girls, like anyone else, may want to be independent for variety reasons. She wants to have control over her own life. Independence can allow a girl to make her own decisions, take responsibility for her actions, and have more control over her life. To pursue her without having to rely on anyone else to make them happen. To be financially self-sufficient, being independent can allow a girl to earn her own money and become financially self-sufficient, which can give her a sense of security and freedom. Being independent can allow a girl to have equal opportunities in life, including in education, career, and personal relationships

I asked her what makes you unique? She said, “I think the way I was raised sets me apart from a lot of people but it also bring me closer to those that shared a similar upbringing to me.” Effective communication is essential in building a strong relationship with a friend. Make sure you communicate openly and honestly with your friend, share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences, and listen to their perspective. Sharing experiences with your friend is a great way to strengthen your bond. Find common interests and activities that you both enjoy and make time to do them together. Supporting your friend through both good and challenging times is critical in developing a unique relationship. Be there for them when they need you and offer words of encouragement and guidance. Trust is the foundation of any strong relationship. Building trust involves being dependable, keeping confidences, and demonstrating integrity.

“For example, I could not relate those parents who were so easy going growing up with a Hispanic tiger mom, who grew up in even more strict conditions was difficult, other kids were able to go out as they wanted and hang out with their friends, but I had a strict curfew and has to be specific of what I was doing and where I was going, but my mom always reminded me that every action has a consequence.”

I asked her what make you stand out? She said confidence, personality, style makes me stand out. A girl who exudes confidence and self-assurance is sure to attract attention. Confidence can be demonstrated through body language, communication, and assertiveness. A girl with a unique and engaging personality is sure to stand out from the crowd. A sense of humor, kindness, and intelligence can all be attractive qualities. Dressing well and having a unique sense of style can make a girl stand out. This can include fashion sense, makeup, and hairstyle.

I asked her what is your core identity? She said personality, values and beliefs, passions and interests, relationships and connections, life experiences. These can include characteristics such as being introverted or extroverted, outgoing or reserved, empathetic or analytical, and many more. These can include moral or ethical beliefs, spiritual or religious beliefs, and beliefs about the world and the people in it. These can include hobbies, creative pursuits, and areas of study or professional interest. These can include family relationships, friendships, romantic relationships, and connections to broader social or cultural communities. These can include formative experiences such as travel, education, career or personal successes and challenges.

We recorded our each other’s interview so we can hear it later and work on our essay. But she was more confident than me.